18 February, February 2009 MeasurementCamp - Kindly hosted by Hill & Knowlton (thanks to Gaylene Ravenscroft @ravenscroft)
A very posh building.
- Talk to your client upfront about what you can measure and importantly what you can't
- How do we get more integration into the analytics systems of our client's pages?
- Why aren't we using older tools like surveys and panels more?
- Start with what your client measures, then educate during the process and include 'newer' measurements
- Should we include measurements that won't be understoof when passed up the chain of command in the client's company?
- When do you stop measuring?
- Make sure your unique, trackable URL isn't given out anywhere else in the comms!
This was the group with Ross, Janet, Jez, Mark and others - campaign to drive awareness of an employer brand, and drive traffic to a recruitment microsite.
- Competition on the site would drive online buzz through forums, blogs etc.
- Employee referral scheme would be driven through a downloadable form, and equip present team members with a unique URL
- Competition buzz and general employer brand sentiment measured via online monitoring tools, but also through traditional style focus groups, and by the recruitment team when talking to candidates. Combining number-driven analysis with more anecdotal, human info.
- Referral activity could be measured by the number of referees, and by tracking the URL - this opens up the idea of competition, with employees proactively gaining referrals to become the top referrer.
- Key measurement would be collected by onsite team by way of applicant volume.
Ruth Baker, NixonMcInnes http://www.nixonmcinnes.co.uk
James Gurd, e-inbusiness http://www.e-inbusiness.co.uk
Chris Reed, Fishburn Hedges http://thegingermonkey.blogspot.com
Neil Kleiner & Pilar Barrio, EI, IPG and Greenroom http://www.greenroom-digital.com/ http://twitter.com/nkleiner
Will McInnes, NixonMcInnes http://www.nixonmcinnes.co.uk http://twitter.com/willmcinnes
Claire O'Sullivan, Metrica http://www.metrica.net/measurementmatters
Aliya Zaidi, Econsultancy, http://econsultancy.com/
Michelle Goodall http://www.econsultancy.com | Twitter | LinkedIn
Richard Bagnall, Metrica, http://www.metrica.net
Michael Ishmael, Metrica http://www.metrica.net
Guy Stephens, Carphone Warehouse Carphone Warehouse @guy1067
Brendan Cooper, Metia http://www.metia.com http://brendancooper.com
Ross Breadmore, Alex Mann Solutions http://www.alexandermannsolutions.com http://twitter.com/rossbreadmore
Catherine Murphy, Metrica, http://www.metrica.net
Elle Orebi Gann, Hotwire http://www.twitter.com/almostalady
Dom Whitehurst, Hotwire http://www.twitter.com/domw
Helen Lawrence, Dare http://twitter.com/helenium
Jasmin Griffiths, Dare http://twitter.com/jazzyg
Drew Davies, Chameleon Net http://www.chameleonnet.co.uk/
Abigail Harrison, thebluedoor, http://www.thebluedoor.com/ http://twitter.com/AbigailH
Roger Jones, Twentyfirst, http://www.twentyfirst.com/
Rob Shepherd, Press Dispensary @robshepherd
Lauren Fisher, Propellernet http://www.propellernet.co.uk http://www.twitter.com/LaurenFisher
Chris Applegate, We Are Social, @qwghlm
Gareth Davies, MS&L (http://twitter.com/thebeaverhousen)
Dominic Payling, MS&L (http://www.mslworldwide.com)
Beth Granter, Twentyfirst, http://www.twentyfirst.com @bethgranter
Ben Bland, Science Navigation Group (http://www.sciencenavigationgroup.com / http://twitter.com/bbmorph)
Janet Parkinson (http://www.brandseye.com / http://www.quirk.biz / http://twitter.com/janetparkinson)
Oli Shaw, http://www.twitter.com/olishaw
Tim Hoang, http://www.twitter.com/timhoang, http://www.timhoang.wordpress.com
Kerry Gaffney, http://www.twitter.com/KerryMG, http://www.niffnaffntriv.com
James Norris Nitro Mobile Social Media Strategist
Gerel Orgil http://twitter.com/gerel
Graeme Benstead http://twitter.com/graemebenstead
Mark Carrier [ku.oc.aidem-esicerp|reirracm#ku.oc.aidem-esicerp|reirracm]
Michael Blowers http://www.meresearch.co.uk
Grace Baynes, Nature Publishing Group (http://www.nature.com/, http://twitter.com/grace_baynes)
Mona Walsh http://www.twitter.com/monawalsh
Tamsin Hemingray, iCrossing http://connect.icrossing.co.uk/ http://www.twitter.com/tamsinbishton
Jeremy Farmer, Yardstick PR http://www.yardstickpr.com/ | http://www.twitter.com/jezfarmer
Jonathan Brech, ISM http://www.isearchm.com
Michelle Lyons, http://twitter.com/mlyons
Caroline Clancy http://www.mgomd.com
Guy Walker http://www.detica.com
Drew Benvie, Hotwire http://www.twitter.com/drewb
Ben Matthews, Hotwire http://www.twitter.com/benrmatthews
Jez Nicholson, NCsoft http://www.twitter.com/jnicho02