1. Starting a Client Project
The beginnings of a checklist for getting a social media campaign off the ground.
- Firstly, establish a realistic range of:
- Take an audit of the current situation (and repeat, during and at the end of the campaign)
- Take responsibility for educating the client
- Frame the process ahead
- Explain the potential problems and limitations (eg. what they cannot have without certain tools or analytics)
- Obtain internal information to include (demographics, analytics, etc.)
- Don't forget the power of tried-and-tested methodologies (sampling, surveys, etc.)
- Benchmark against competitors
- Consider using paid-for monitoring tools, for advanced measurement
And an additional, contentious consideration: doing what it takes to make the client happy, over how you think things should be done?!