Consumer Conversations: What metrics can be measured: Straightforward look at what can be measured in social media in terms of consumer conversations
3 broad categories of 'things to measure':
- Financial impact
Behaviour is made up of:
- Conversions by source
- Wider engagement metrics
- Visiting / 'reading'
- Content creation
- Voting - is voting contributing or engaging?
- Conversational index - http://www.stoweboyd.com/message/2006/02/the_social_scal.html
- Participants in a story
- Volume - most basic measurement metric
- Brand advocates
- Unit of Virality - is this the right section for this?
- Net Promoter Score
- Ratio of positivity
- WOM unit - Robin Grant to expand on
Sales by source
Leads / enquiries by source
Previous notes - can these be folded in to the above?
- listening to conversation in the whole of social media, and measuring them in aggregate
- impact of social media (online word of mouth?) on a company
- bottom line (sales, share price etc)
- softer values (reputation etc…)
- impact of an individual social media marketing campaign
- Comparison to other marketing spend
- raw numbers
- essay writing service